This week, unlike the past few weeks, i am going to do something a little different with my weekly links round up. There is not going to be any specific topic this week, just a number of the links that i have come across others sharing and that i am found to be good topics.
1. 50+ Tips to Brand Yourself Online – Branding was something that really caught my attention this week, and this post gave me some really good places to get started in changing the way that i consider the branding of myself and my websites.
Once you’ve designed your personal brand and have a personal brand name, use this handy list of suggestions to implement your personal branding strategy.
2. HOW TO: Build the Ultimate Social Media Resume – This post at mashable.com got me inspired not to just put my social media resume together and get it online, but to put it together as part of my complete resume in electronic format on the internet.
Social media resumes are important for attracting hiring managers directly to you, without you having to submit your resume, blindly, to them. The problem with submitting your resume online to job postings is that most job postings aren’t even vacant, might not exist, and 80% of jobs offers are received through networking.
3. The Odd Couple – This is a great short video, extract from CBS News. It is the story of an Elephant and her friend. Best to take a look for yourself though.
Nature sends us wonderful messages and sometimes even the news reports it.
4. 15 Second Marketing – I have been reading posts off and on at stevepavina.com, for quite some time now (possiby years). Mostly because the view that Steve has on many topics is quite interesting and also seems to take a topic and go very in depth. This article sort of links into the first two links above as it can really be part of the essence of your own brand and capturing your audience.
Have you ever heard of an elevator pitch? That’s when someone casually asks, “What kind of work do you do?” and you give them a brief answer in roughly the time span of an elevator ride.
The people who hear your elevator pitch could be potential business partners or clients, or they could be strangers you meet at a party or on the street.
5. 31 Days to Build a Better Blog – This one caught my eye as soon as i come across it, and has also definitely caught my attention as a project i am going to join in. I missed the start, as i only come across it in the last day or two, however the email’s start you off at Day 1, or you can always take a look ahead to where the steps are up to on problogger.net.
The idea behind this is simply to have a group of bloggers setting aside a month of their time to work at improving their blogs. While we all want to have better blogs sometimes it becomes one of those things that we’re going to do…. one day.
Anyway for this week that is about it, i am sure there are more, but these are the ones this week that really stood out to me. Plus i also believe that there is some point where quantity starts to degrade quality. So until next week i hope that you find these to be useful for you as well